Rosetta User Group
The Rosetta User Group provides input to Ex Libris regarding all aspects of Rosetta including:
- advice and guidance to Ex Libris on the direction and activities relating to Rosetta
- serves as a forum for information sharing, discussion and collaborative analysis and assessment of the development of Rosetta
- ensures that Rosetta development continues to meet the needs of the Rosetta user community and potential new customers.
The current office holders are:
Kirsty Smith (National Library of New Zealand) - RUG Chair
Peter McKinney (National Library of New Zealand) - Format Library Working Group Lead
About these groups:
- System Operations - focus is on issues related to the way Rosetta operates and how data moves through the system including material flows, content deposit, technical analyst work bench, SIP processing, and searching the repository
- Access and Integrations - focus is on issues related to traditional ideas of digital asset management such as delivery, publishing and access rights
- Digital Preservation -focus is on practices of long-term digital preservation and data archiving, including the implementation and integration of as well as conformance to standards and schemas.
- Format Library - focus is on operating procedures, and workflows of the Rosetta Format Library
Format Library Working Group (FLWG)
The National Library convenes the Rosetta Format Library Working Group (FLWG). This group, open to all Rosetta implementers, is the primary forum for discussing capability, functionality and processes that are derived from the format library. The FLWG also controls the roll out of the Global Format Library to all installations.
The Format Library Working Group
- Manages the format library (updates and edits)
- Agrees on changes to the knowledge base
- Develops new functionality proposals
- Reviews new Ex Libris proposals